School Days, New Books, and Formal Fotos


Today, I thoroughly enjoyed my city. My observing teacher and I took my sixth graders (student-teaching) to my alma mater for a day of Loyola learning, touring, eating, and enjoying the sunshine. Here's a cute photo of the ten kiddos in front of the Loyola sign in the "horseshoe."








Some of their favorite moments included eating ice cream, cookies, pies, and cereals for lunch; asking about whether people sleep under their beds during sleep overs in the dorms; and playing with Beaux, the Honors' program service golden retriever. 

I took a lovely walk down cracked and nonexistent sidewalks through the Carrollton district for coffee this afternoon at Rue de la Course. I'm going to miss the soft sunshine and this uncharacteristically temperate New Orleans spring, with its jasmine breezes and bright mornings. Late April/early May is my favorite time of year here in the Deep South. It's summer here before anywhere else in the country, summer later, and longer. I only know that if I really had gone to college in Oregon, I would never have known the joy that so much sunshine brings!

Post-coffee, I hopped over to Blue Cypress Books on Oak and impulsively bought 4 books, two of which are by local authors! I have already started Oyster, a novel written by a Loyola Professor and essayist, John Biguenet. I'm 50 pages in an it's an awesome, exciting read! Though I haven't finished it, I'd recommend this book to those who like murder mysteries and Louisiana history and culture. 

This past Saturday was my last Formal with Theta Phi Alpha. Here is my favorite photo taken that the evening with my lovely ladies:



I am so blessed to have been able to spend the last four years with the women pictured in this photo.  Our former chapter President reminded me of these words from 2nd Corinthians last night: "So we do not lose heart. Even though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day.  For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all
measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal" (16-18). The greatness that is meant for us all is yet to be seen and to brilliant to understand or anticipate! To all seniors graduating this semester and everyone going out and away from meaningful places: this isn't the end or even goodbye! It's just "see ya later."

I've added a "Support Caitlin" tab to this blog, which is an exciting feature. I am about 1/4 of the way towards my initial goal of $5,000 and would like to call upon you all again to give your support, if you feel inspired. I cannot go to the Philippines without you! Thank you many times over for your loving contributions. 

All the best, peace, and grace,
Caitlin 








Comments

Popular Posts